Rates and Insurance INformation
- Avg Cost (per session): $135
- Group Sessions: $20.00
- Sliding Scale: Yes (Must Show Financial Need)
- Insurance: Kern Family Health, Cash-Paying or Out of Network, Non-Magellan Blue Shield, Cigna. Halcyon, Kaiser, Specific EAPs
- Accepted Payment Methods: Cash, American Express, Cash, Check, Discover, Mastercard, Paypal, Visa
- If Your Insurance Is Not On List, You May Pay out of Pocket and Seek Reimbursement From Your Insurance Provider-But Check To See First If They Reimburse You for Out of Network Providers
- Therapist usually has waiting list, so therapist asks clients who need to cancel appointment to do so within 24 hours of the appointment to avoid a late cancel fee. This practice allows therapist to offer appointment to clients who may be on waiting list.
CaSh Paying Clients
Benefits to Self Pay Vs. Insurance Coverage
- The use of insurance requires a diagnosis in writing that is submitted to the insurance companies. Some people prefer that their mental health condition or problem not be disclosed to an insurance carrier. They may have privacy concerns about a diagnosis remaining indefinitely in their personal health chart. This can occur even if a condition is resolved or no longer affects them.
- Limited Treatment - Insurance companies have standard procedures that can limit the amount of sessions you receive for a particular problem. For instance, insurance companies have the right to discontinue payment for treatment if they consider that treatment does not meet medical necessity. This can be particularly frustrating when a client/therapist are making progress in treatment, but the insurance company pulls the plug on treatment. This situation is so common that the National Alliance on Mental Health Illness has provided tips on what you could do if you believed your benefits were unfairly denied. Click here for more info on how to appeal an insurance decision.